IO1: Speech and Language Therapy Childhood Education Report including:
- Legal regulations desk research.
- A comparative situation analysis of survey questionnaires with teachers, psychologists, educationalists and parents of children at nursery and primary schools.
- Examples of good practices in the 6 partner countries.
- It is based on EU-wide agreed common standards which every Speech and Language Therapist must meet in order to practice the profession.
- It provides a means of describing the nature and characteristics of Speech and Language Therapy at initial education.
- It provides general guidance for the "Speech and Language Therapy Online Tools” associated with the project’s main objectives, which will be produced in IO3.
- It provides for variety and flexibility in the design of the online tool and encourages innovation within the overall conceptual framework.
IO3: Speech and Language Therapy Online Tools
- Articulation games with individual assessment to see child's present level of speech performance and comparison between what a child is currently doing and what they should be doing.
- Speech therapy test descriptions and report outlines to write the reports of the child by pre-school or elementary school teacher.
- Speech therapy word lists for common, functional, and targeted for multiple uses as a resource therapy and/or home practice.
- Bell curve chart to provide simple visual representation for explaining test scores to child's parents and psychologic consultant that are unfamiliar with normal distribution.
- Speech development chart as printable chart of phoneme development in children based on the most current research.
- Phonological processes chart as a visual chart of every phonological process with descriptions, examples, and age that they should be remediated.
- Describing worksheet for children who need a little more assistance using descriptive language, show or give them a copy of this helpful handout for describing.
- Chronological age calculator to calculate a child's chronological age for comparing their current abilities with the milestone information.
- Online flashcards for right articulation of letters and sounds.
- Teaching sounds tips as free videos/animations about teaching specific speech sounds.
IO4: Resource Pack for Teachers at Initial Education
- It will include information about speech and language disorder, how it may affect children in education settings, information on assessment strategies, interventions and useful resources.
- It will give teachers' greater confidence in working with pupils who has speech and language problems (articulation, fluency, voice, expression, cognitive communication etc.).
- It will be prepared as an interactive resource (in flash drive) that include documents created under IO2 and IO3 such as information about the online applications, usage scenarios, spot video and instructional approach for pre-school and elementary school teachers.
IO5: Usability Evaluation Report
- It will assess the overall usability of the project intellectual outputs and piloting process.
- It will include assessment methodology chosen adequate to evaluate the achievement of the goals.
- It will include a whole report of piloting, testing, monitoring and reporting with:
- Kindergarten and pre-primary school teachers, primary school teachers, psychological consultant of the schools, speech and language therapists / logopedists, special education teachers
- Students from kindergarten, pre-primary schools and primary schools